22.5.12

Knitting and Good things!

I've finished knitting my bright orange oven mitts. I think they are very cheerful (which is nice as everything is getting pretty wintery and grey around here!) This wasn't difficult to knit, but a great way to learn how to follow a pattern and practise some new stitches (mostly stocking stitch and moss stitch.)

My new knitting project are some winter slippers. This is a very easy garter stitch pattern I found last year on a Spotlight leaflet. They are actually children's slippers, I knitted a magenta pair for Miss Coleman last winter. But as I have very small feet, I am just making the 12 year old size for me!

Before I leave, I must apologise for not stopping by too often recently. Life has been pretty hectic, and it's often in these times of craziness that I find myself really needing to appreciate the things in life that bring me joy. If I stop and reflect, there are always HEAPS of GOOD things happening.

Here are a few:

-Some awesome parents organised a coat and school uniform swap at Coleman Jnr's school. I love that our school community is thinking about small ways in which we can share our resources, and reduce the need to buy, buy, buy!
-Looking forward to catching up with my sister in law, Nicole, who I haven't seen in years!
-Spring cleaning our apartment (or is that "autumn cleaning?")
-Watching my singing students perform so confidently at their school concert.
-Going for a walk today with our housemates.
-Reading some great books
-Coleman Jnr's recent discovery that he LOVES being in our community garden, and therefore prioritising time spent there.
-Finished sewing myself a dress (will share with you soon, just need to get someone to take some pics.)
-Starting to get ready for our trip to the UK!!
-Finding nice wintery things to do to celebrate this cool change. (Will share some "Crap! It's cold!" tips soon!)

What GOOD things have been happening in your life?

Mezz

No comments:

Post a Comment