6.9.13

Liebster Award!

Mezz Makes Stuff has been nominated by the lovely Laura Valentine for a Liebster award. A what, you ask??! The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. I'm chuffed that someone would bother to nominate my blog (thanks Laura), and have had fun answering her questions and coming up with my own ten questions for the next nominees!!



The rules of this award are:

1. Link back to those who nominate you
2. Answer the 10 questions the nominator has for you
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers with less than 200 followers
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees
5. Be sure to notify your nominees'


01. What is your guilty pleasure?
Watching BBC period drama adaptions on my own!!

02. If your house was on fire what three things would you save?
This sounds weird, but as much as I love all the little nick nacks we have created and found over the years, stuff is just stuff, and nothing we have is worth much. I think I'd be happy to get myself and everybody else out and wouldn't worry about much else.

03. Growing up, Who was your celebrity crush?
I had four crushes. John, Paul George and Ringo. Yes, they were too old for me. Yes, one was already dead. But look at them!!! I've always felt I was born in the wrong era!!

04. What is your favourite item of clothing you own?
Hard to choose between all my Op Shopped dresses!

05. If you could change your name, What would you change it to?
 I've recently been thinking about the fact that my real name "Maryanne" is actually very pretty. I've been "Mezz" to everyone since I was 5 or 6, and nobody calls me by my real name, but for the first time in my life I'm kind of wishing someone would call me Maryanne.

 06. What is your "signature" dish?
I'm a crap cook, but I'm pretty good at Christmas baking. I save up all my cooking and baking powers for December and then unleash them on all my friends and fam, and them we all regret eating too much.

07. What has surprised you the most about keeping a blog?
I heard someone once say that "inspired people inspire people" and really, blogging has just opened me up into a wide world of inspired people, and in turn they are inspiring me! And to think that I am inspired and possibly inspiring creativity too is pretty great.

08. Have you ever broken a bone? If so, how?
Nope. But had heaps of fun (not) when my son broke his arm on an overseas holiday. We became well acquainted with the UK's NHS system, and missed out on sight seeing in Wales. Oh well..

09. Who would play you in the movie of your life?
I'd love to say Judy Garland, purely because she is my favourite ever person to grace the silver screen, and she can sing!! But, I've been told a few times that I look like the actress who plays Chevy Chase's wife in the National Lampoons movie series. I think it might be the strong teeth/jawline/cheekbones, I don't see it myself, what do you think??
 
10. If you could have a magical power, what would it be?
I would add 4 secret hours to the night time. I am a night owl, which turns out to be completely incompatible with being a mum.

S,o there you have it, I hope you had a bit of fun learning a bit more about the Mezz behind the blog!! And thanks again to Laura for you kind nomination.
 
But now for the really fun part! I get to nominate some other wonderful bloggers for this award too! So, (drum roll please..) I'd like to invite and award the Liebster to ....
 
 
These 5 blogs are lovely!! Please go and check them out.
 
 
Here are 10 questions for the nominees if you feel like joining the fun guys...
1. Favourite time of year?
2. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
3. A place you have never been to but hope to someday...
4. did you like school?
5. Favourite EVER book?
6. you gave yourself a high five when.....
7. who inspires you?
8. what do you love about where you live?
9. why did you start blogging?
10. when was the last time you did something really, really silly??
 
lots of love to you all! And if you have just found my blog, feel free to start following along!!
 
Mezz xx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


7 comments:

  1. Well Maryanne, I loved your answers!
    I adore BBC classical adaptations. I am an absolute Janeite. I think my favourite might be Mansfield Park. In fact, I think I might have to watch that tonight!

    That dress is gorgeous! I love to thrift but have a real problem finding dresses that are the right length. I am quite tall (just under 6ft) and most dresses are like tops on me.

    Thank you again for answering. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maryanne, great to get to know you a little more, I love the sound of 4 extra hours! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you had to know we would all call you Maryanne after this post? You're right it is a lovely name.
    By the way I also like the sound of these four extra hours. I'd love I gifted were useable with distraction from others and didn't result in tiredness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello lovely Maryanne, and what a beautiful name!! It has been so lovely to learn a little more about the fab person behind this great blog and I suppose that's exactly the purpose of Liebster, to love you a little more for being wonderful. Thank you so much for nominating me, I am truly touched by it, you are a sweetie. I did one about a month ago, but I will happily do another in a couple of weeks (if that's ok?). Congrats on your award, you most certainly deserve it and you are forever inspiring, so thank you! Sending you much love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to learn more about you Maryanne and I also learnt that we have the same nick name. My name is Mary and my friends also call me Mez. Haha Isn't that a pip! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, well, at last I can call you Maryanne, the name we gave you and the name we loved for our girl! Took me ages to adapt to calling you Mezz, though quite used to it now. But, occasionally, you may just be Maryanne again....wonder if I'll ever be called Laurellyn? Everyone likes it, but immediately go back to calling me Joy as old habits die hard.Anyway, congrats on your nomination...being a positive influence on people is a great gift.Glad you've found a special way to use it xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mezz... Or Maryanne... Yes what a pretty name. In not quite sure how to pronounce it. It's with a French accent in my head. (French is my at home language). I absolutely loved reading this and getting a little insight into your world. Thanks so much for nominating me!! I'm chuffed. Sorry not to have responded - super busy with this craft evening thing coming up - I'm making everything rather last minute! Have a bunch of posts I've been meaning to do. Looking forward to doing more blogging soon & answering your questions. Btw I blogged about the card swap - a bit hastily... But there are pics!! Thanks again for organising it xx

    ReplyDelete